Fullstack Engineer (React, Java) – Checkout (m|f|x)
The team: Checkout
We’re currently transforming our price comparison shopping site into an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. In order to make this transformation possible, we’re working on far-reaching improvements to our architecture. At the same time, we introduce major new capabilities. Modularizing our current checkout will allow us to provide optimized user experience for different types of products and different customers.
The position is available as full-time or part-time.
About your new role
We’re looking for a product minded software engineer who can help evolve our architecture and at the same time cares about the customer experience our Checkout provides. As a team, you are responsible for all phases of the lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, and monitoring).
- You embrace healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-structured code with the team
- You own the complete software lifecycle and drive innovation for technical excellence
- You have a high degree of initiative and you approach problems proactively
- You are familiar with hybrid cloud environments and can operate what you build
- You love agile methodologies like Scrum as much as we do
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer in the development of modern web applications and backend services
- You have worked in an agile and delivery focused team before
- You actively engage in open communication with colleagues and love to collaborate in a team
- Proven experience with modern technologies such as React, TypeScript, Redux, Styled Components, HTML 5 / CSS 3
- You are familiar with Java 11 / 14, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures) and embrace software craftsmanship
- You are interested in Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture and Infrastructure as Code
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Give and take open, constructive feedback. It is not always easy but that is the foundation of great team
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 950 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.