Fullstack Engineer for Web Components, Microservices and Infrastructure (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We, the Flower Power team, accompany all users from the first moment of their journey on idealo. We use modern cloud technologies and tools to develop marketing pages and landing pages for high-reach campaigns. The area of responsibility is highly relevant for idealo from a legal perspective in terms of data protection and e-privacy, as well as exciting and varied due to the diverse range of tasks between cookie consent and content management (CMS).
We are looking for you as a Fullstack Engineer (m|f|x) to join our team on a full-time or part-time basis.
About your new role
- You will develop backend and frontend components for our marketing websites in Magnolia CMS and idealo's own services such as product widgets.
- In strong cooperation with our UX team, you will also be responsible for our cookie consent layer, making sure we stick to our corporate design and usability standards.
- There is room for growth: To further develop the data consent, you will provide A/B test results, as well as analyses of user behavior, and to help the team understand what we need, to be even better.
- You will work and grow in a fast-pacing environment in a small, agile, and cross-functional team, handling cross-department projects autonomously.
Skills & Requirements
- You are engaged in writing clean, well-tested, and well-structured code with the team.
- You love to learn and experiment with new technologies and you like to share your knowledge with your team members.
- You have very good knowledge of Java 11 (or at least 8) and it’s advanced features (Streams, Collections, Lambdas, Date time API).
- You have experience in creating Microservices with Spring Boot.
- You are confident in writing valid HTML5 and have proven SCSS/LESS skills.
- You have experience in advanced AWS services like Glue and Kinesis.
- You are familiar with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- You are familiar with CMS (e.g. Magnolia), Template Engines (e.g. Freemarker), and with a CMP Platform (e.g. Sourcepoint).
- ou are used to set up and analyse frontend tests (e.g. Cypress/Mocha).
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.