Full Stack Engineer – Acquisition & Loyalty (m|f|x)
At Idealo every day millions of users from all across Europe search and discover products and prices. Our mission is to provide data products within the company to other teams, which shall ultimately improve our customer's experience and at the same time increase their economic impact ;). Yes, we are not only building boring databases or highly scientific ML models, but we actually fight at the forefront of our platform and deliver tangible products!
That makes it much more fun and interesting, but it also means we sometimes have to meet deadlines (or listen to them as they swoosh by). ;) Dealing with lots of data, building upon a modern AWS based tech stack, and tailoring data products & solutions for the best experience is our DNA. If that sounds like you, please don't hesitate and reach out to us!! We are a very diverse and open-minded team of engineers, product managers, analysts, and students, and we are looking for a new family member.
The position as Full Stack Engineer (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You are part of a cross-functional development team that is always looking for the best technical solutions.
- We work agile, and therefore you accompany the entire development process from the idea to a product that hundreds of thousands of users use every day.
- You use modern technologies (e.g. Spring Boot, AWS, ML, Graph Databases, Kotlin, PySpark, Github, …) with immediate impact on a product for millions of users.
- In your daily business you will design and implement scalable and highly available microservices as well as web applications running in VM clusters or other managed environments, like AWS API Gateway.
- As a sparring partner of our product owner, you develop the best possible product.
Skills & Requirements
- Through several years of experience in software development, you have a solid understanding of web application development.
- Curiosity and the desire to stay on the cutting edge of technology help you solving our daily challenges by utilizing the right tools for the right tasks.
- You live test-driven development and don't just see it as a buzzword. Concepts like Software Craftsmanship, Clean Code, Continuous Deployment are important to you. At the same time you never loose touch with reality by overengineering a simple proof of concept...
- You have a well-founded opinion and also represent it - and respect it when others do the same.
- You live an open failure culture, have an agile mindset and are highly motivated to work with the latest technologies.
- Since we have English speaking team members, you are not afraid to talk to us in English.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +350 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.