Full Stack Developer (m|f|x)
Our mission is to make millions of users happy with individualized addressing and real wow features. Through close cooperation in cross-functional teams, with UX & Design, regular user tests and A/B tests, we jointly ensure that we work in a customer-centric manner.
In this way, we make our customer retention features even more relevant and ensure that customer activity is sustainably increased.
You know who Uncle Bob is and you understand what he is talking about? Then we are looking for you to join our "Acquisition & Loyalty" product area to make our measures even more targeted.
About your new role
- You are part of a cross-functional development team that is always looking for the best technical solutions
- We work agile, and therefore you accompany the entire development process from the idea to a product that hundreds of thousands of users use every day
- You use modern technologies like Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Kafka
- To achieve this, you will design and implement scalable and highly available microservices and web applications running in our large VM and Kubernetes clusters
- You drive our innovation and strive for technical excellence
As a sparring partner of our product owner, you develop the best possible product
Skills & requirements
- Through several years of experience in software development, you have a solid understanding of web application development
- You are confident with the following frameworks: Java (Spring Boot), ES6, MongoDB
- Git, Jenkins, Docker, and AWS are familiar to you
- Basic knowledge of machine learning is desirable
- You live test-driven development and don't just see it as a buzzword. It's a plus if you are also familiar with domain-driven design
- Concepts like Software Craftsmanship, Clean Code, Continuous Deployment are very important to you
- You have a well-founded opinion and also represent it - and respect it when others do the same
- You live an open error culture, have an agile mindset and are highly motivated to work with the latest technologies
- Your passion is software development and you like to share this passion with your team
- Since we have English speaking team members, you are not afraid to talk to us in English
Besides, we'd be happy if you:
- are an active contributor to open-source projects
- like to present your work at conferences and user groups
Your benefits at idealo
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
As a member of our team, you can look forward to working with a large degree of freedom in an international and inspirational environment. We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 900 idealos from 40 nations, apply with us today.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.