Full Stack Android Engineer (Kotlin) (m|f|x)
As a Full Stack Android Engineer (m|f|x) at idealo, you drive the evolution of our award winning e-commerce apps and their underlying backend services. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences and impact on idealo’s mission. We own our code and decide on the technical direction of our products. And we need strong support to grow further. Are you passionate about this challenge? If yes, we’re looking forward to speaking to you.
About your new role
- At idealo you are part of a cross-functional team that strives for excellence in product and software development. You work closely with a product owner, user experience designers, data analysts and an engineering team
- We work as an agile team where you will be involved in product development from ideation to operating a product at scale
- You’re routinely working with modern technologies and practices on a high quality Kotlin codebase, allowing us to innovate fast and efficiently
- You have a positive impact on our culture, encourage knowledge sharing and drive technical discussions within the team
Skills & Requirements
- Deep understanding of Android development, Spring Boot framework and advanced experience working with Kotlin
- You are up-to-date with software design and architecture patterns, passionate about writing clearly readable, maintainable and testable code
- Continuous Integration and live deployment are important to you
- You are an open, communicative team player, curious about solving interesting and sometimes complex problems
- As an engineer, you’re self sufficient and well organised, and you can expect the same from the team around you
At idealo you can expect
- Upon starting at idealo you will get all the equipment you need to perform at your best and are invited to our welcome days for onboarding
- We offer a large degree of responsibility and freedom in an international and inspirational environment
- We share knowledge and learnings through tech talks, tech communities and product demos
- We provide training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career
- We value our culture of trust, freedom, and responsibility. Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day
- 800 motivated colleagues and a cool office loft in the trendy district of Kreuzberg in Berlin!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.