Frontend Engineer - Product Discovery (m|f|x)
We cooperate with around 50,000 e-commerce stores in Europe, from small specialist stores to the major marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, and thus have access to several hundred million items. One of our unique challenges is to structure this assortment in a customer-oriented way and to combine it in a single catalog. In this way, we want to offer our customers the best overview of the entire e-commerce market.
You don't just want to get ahead, you want to make a difference? You don't just want to talk, you want to do? You don't just want to think outside the box, but work on big projects? You are not only looking for a job, but for a team in which you can develop freely?
Then we are looking for you as Frontend Engineer - Angular (m|f|x) in full-time or part-time for our agile, cross-functional team.
At idealo you can expect
- Together with UX designers, you develop highly functional user interfaces
- With your team of frontend and backend developers, you develop sophisticated applications based on the latest technologies and UI frameworks (Angular 7+/Material)
- You work closely with your users and UX/UI designers and continuously enhance existing solutions
Skills & Requirements
- Together with your team, you drive the development of new functions from the conception to the prototype to the tested and performant feature
- You precisely translate the business requirements and the feedback of your users into suitable, technical solutions
- Angular, Typescript, and working with REST-based APIs are part of your daily bread and you understand the basics of good design and create modern and functional interfaces even without a UI designer
- With testing frameworks like Karma and/or Jasmine you always know that your apps work.
We would also be happy if you:
- Speak fluent English and ideally have B2-level German skills.
- You are interested in DevOps like Kubernetes and deployment
Have experience with the toolkit nrwl for Angular
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +350 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.