Frontend Developer - Offers Page (m|f|x)
The team: Offers Page
With the idealo price comparison, several million customers find the best offer in e-commerce every month. The heart of the price comparison user interface is the Offers Page which lists available offers by different shops for a specific product. Users have the opportunity to apply filters to this list and narrow down their search based on multiple product criteria. This presents a unique opportunity for you to move the idealo Offers Page from a limited-interaction webpage to a highly dynamic one.
About your new role
The offers page has strict SEO and performance constraints and it has a strong impact on customer experience and on revenue. As such, the main focus would be on delivering new features and evaluating them through AB Testing while adhering to the SEO and performance constraints. Additionally, there is a need to modernize the tech stack and to enhance our front end architecture and you are expected to play a key role in this gradual transformation.
- You analyze the current state of the web frontend and give the advice to improve it while keeping in mind performance and SEO constraints.
- Work with the team to implement a modular front end system and migrate the current components to it.
- Together with our graphic designers and UX experts, you will develop web frontends that not only look great and are easy to use but also meet our high demands for code quality and performance.
- You will ensure the quality of the frontend with automated test frameworks such as Jasmine and Selenium.
- Security starts in the frontend - you are aware of security risks in frontend development and develop solutions for them in a team.
- Evaluate new technologies for the frontend and the corresponding build workflow. You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a software engineer in the development of backend services and modern web applications
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong experience with at least one modern front end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.js and responsive frontend frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap. Knowledge of working with TypeScript and EcmaScript6 is a plus.
- You have a working knowledge of writing front end tests.
- You have a working knowledge of build tools like webpack, npm, and yarn.
- You have experience with server-side template rendering technologies such as JSP, PHP, or Python.
- You can give open and reasonable advice and feedback on technical and architectural matters.
- You have experience with development in agile teams and the fast delivery of new features in continuous deployment.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.