Engineering Manager (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
As Product Discovery department we help millions of customers to find the right product every day. We provide smart filters for relevant product information and sorting, but we are also responsible for the start and result pages. With us, you work directly "at the heart" of idealo: with our work, customers can easily find the product they are looking for.
We are looking for a Engineering Manager (m|f|x) with people development experience, either full-time or part-time for the cross-functional team responsible for the main pages presenting and navigating idealo’s product catalogue.
About your new role
- Based on our idealo core principles freedom, trust and responsibility, you will be the Engineering Manager of an agile team of 5 software developers.
- You support and guide your team and each member by coaching, mentoring and developing according to their needs.
- You foster self-organization and empower ownership of each person’s contribution to the overall streams of business value and technical components.
- You form a leadership duo with the product owner to shape the product strategies and tactics and to shape the overall growth and development of your team within the Product Discovery department.
Skills & Requirements
- You believe in mindful but immediate and respectful feedback in an environment that appreciates learning and growing.
- You bring experience in motivating and empowering teams to their own and collective success.
- In the past, you have been working in the field of software development or in a technical company, preferably e-commerce.
- You believe in lean processes, continuous improvement, keeping respective company goals in mind.
- You are business fluent in German and English.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". It also has a fabulous rooftop terrace with view of the whole of berlin where you can network with colleagues from our group of companies
- In need of additional support in any areas of your life? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.