E-Commerce Content Manager Team UK (m|f|x)
Content is King*Queen and at idealo we pride ourselves on being content experts. Online trends, trade fairs, new publications, manufacturer news – all of it has a role to play in creating the best content for idealo customers. With us, you can delve into the development of hundreds of E-Commerce categories and products. Enjoy developing and maintaining online products? Appreciate adding and editing product images? Is the creation of categories, filters and product texts is your great passion? Then you’ve come to the right place!
The position as Category Manager UK (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will work as a category manager responsible for enhancing the website by developing several areas independently through continuous market research (e.g. Electronics, Fashion & Accessories etc.).
- You will be an important stakeholder within the UK Team, driving a variety of projects. You will maintain ongoing communication with various departments such as SEO, Content Marketing, Sales and other departments within the company.
- Using our Content Management System, you will create products for our database, adding all relevant product specifications and features.
- You will perform regular quality control checks and create filter options that result in a streamlined and successful user experience.
- You will ensure that shop offers are being assigned to the relevant products and correct any errors independently.
Skills & Requirements
- You stay current on consumer trends and important brands/manufacturers within the UK market.
- You are fascinated by social media and content creation. You are a passionate online shopper, bonus points if you have used idealo.
- You are fluent in English (Minimum C1, preferably native speaker level) and your German language skills meet or exceed the requirements for B1 level.
- Experience in e-commerce and/or as an online editor is advantageous, as would be familiarity with SEO-based tools such as Google Analytics.
- You work responsibly, independently and pay special attention to detail. You enjoy working as part of a team.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence in an agile working environment would be advantageous.
Your Benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day.
- Family friendliness based on deep conviction, including flexible working hours, remote work options and 30+ vacation days per year.
- So happy: We have been named Germany's best employer in the Internet/multimedia sector for the second year in a row! Source: Focus Business, 01/2021, issue dated 19.02.2021.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.