Director Foundation Platform (m|f|x) in Product & Technology
idealo looks back on 20 years of company history and is gaining in importance as a shopping and comparison platform with around 16 million users every month. The "Product & Technology" area with over 350 colleagues is one of our core areas and owes its success to great teams, good ideas and strong cooperation. We share a common mission: to achieve the best results for our customers every day. In the course of our growth we are now looking for a Director Foundation Platform (m|f|x) in a newly created position as a strategic addition to this area - in full-time or part-time.
Strategy & areas
- In your role as Director, you will ensure that product development follows our idealo strategy and actively participate in shaping it.
- With your expertise, you will lead idealo to a well-coordinated, clearly communicated Platform & Data Strategy that is known throughout the company.
- You will contribute to a clear vision of the technical support idealo should work with.
- You communicate and act as an interface between the management board and team leaders, listen carefully and derive the right strategies that lead to mutual success.
- As part of a leadership team, you will be in constant communication and ensure a strong and value-adding collaboration.
- Your leadership team is established and you support them in their personal and professional development.
- As a Director, you ensure sustainable delivery and the organizational development necessary to achieve this.
With a clear view of our idealo values, you will create ideal conditions for independent and efficient work in an appreciative and collaborative atmosphere in the areas.
You bring with you
- You are at home in e-commerce.
- You have excellent domain knowledge in the areas of infrastructure, data center and cloud as well as a broad and deep knowledge of platform strategies and scaling effects.
- Your working method is characterized by your user-oriented mindset and your relevant experience in product management.
- Through your many years of experience as a manager, you have proven leadership skills - especially in leading large teams with own team leader.
- In your work you value a creative environment and are familiar with design thinking methods.
- Your appearance is strong in communication and you are able to understand the impulses and ideas of your teams and form them into an overall picture.
- You are familiar with current trends and new products. You keep yourself up to date and are familiar with the competition and e-commerce market.
At idealo you can expect
- Plenty of scope for creativity in an open-minded and appreciative corporate culture.
- An open, unbureaucratic environment that is interested in the development of the individual.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental and social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Family friendliness out of deep belief incl. flexible working hours, remote work option and 30+ days of holiday.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.