DevOps Engineer (m|f|x) - Team B2C Offers
Our team is responsible for maintaining the offerlists of all products in idealo and for adding the secret sauce that makes idealo’s offerings unique. We pay a lot of attention to tech excellence, and we strive to keep our systems in tip-top shape at all times.
Using our modern event-driven architecture, with current Java, message streams and NOSQL databases, we process big data for different use cases in near real-time. We use Kafka topics and APIs to deliver information concerning the pricing and ranking of offers as well as meta information and summaries to several other teams at idealo and our partners. At peak load, we process upwards of 20 million events per hour.
Our work has a measurable effect on hundreds of thousands of users daily!
We are looking for you as a DevOps Engineer to join our team on a full-time or part-time basis.
About your new role
- You will support the team in ops activities and actively share your knowledge.
- Together with the team, you research, experiment, deploy and maintain platforms and systems needed to support the team’s goals.
- You should work to continuously improve our CI/CD setup and our system’s resilience.
- You will work in a self-motivated team that enjoys being involved in the complete software lifecycle.
- You will collaborate with engineers all across idealo on projects that span beyond the team scope.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a solid grasp on systems engineering principles.
- You love to learn and experiment with new technologies.
- You have experience and interest in managing distributed applications using Infrastructure as Code (example: Terraform), containers (ex: Docker, Vagrant), container orchestration (ex: Kubernetes, Rancher) and CI/CD pipelines (ex: Jenkins, Github Actions).
- You are experienced in working with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon AWS and Kubernetes.
- Bonus points for knowledge of Messaging Systems, NoSQL and BigData.
- Bonus points for Knowledge of automation frameworks like Ansible, Puppet and HELM .
- You are communicative and like to share your knowledge with your team members.
- You like to work with agile methodologies.
- You give and take open, constructive feedback.
- Our team is international and English is our main communication language.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +350 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!