Database System Engineer - Persistence (m|f|x)
The persistence team is responsible for designing, implementing, operating and further development of services related to the persistence-layer during the whole life cycle of a product including our container platform and cloud-native solutions. As a new member of the team you are enthusiastic about building scalable, resilient and highly available products for data storage and are eager to take part in a highly collaborative open-minded and inspiring environment.
The position as Head of Database System Engineer - Persistence (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Take eagerly part in an agile working environment and strive for continuous learning and improvement in our organization.
- As a system engineer you will be supporting and consulting our developers and peers with their requests regarding database systems, software defined storage systems and other persistence solutions.
- Design and build resilient, high available, scalable products and provide support around our persistence layer with self-services and automation.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling large volumes of data and develop sustainable solutions.
- You are part of our on-call rotation according to the principle of “you build it - you run it”.
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 4+ years of working experience and 2+ years developing software with Python, GoLang, Java or other programming languages.
- You have a solid understanding of container orchestration and Kubernetes and Linux.
- As a communicative, customer-oriented and self-organizing person, you enjoy collaboration across different teams.
- You prefer automation over manual tasks and have several years of experience building administrative software and automation using Python, GoLang, Java or other programming languages.
- Further, you have outstanding knowledge or are enthusiastic about DB systems, data storage solutions or software defined storage systems like MongoDB, MySQL, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Ceph
- You have some experience with cloud-native solutions.
- You master the field of automation and configuration management with tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or others.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.