Data Team Lead (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a Team Lead to help manage an established team of six data professionals. We want a people-focused leader who will work closely with the team’s Product Owner and Tech Lead to enable the engineers to create data solutions with a focus on machine learning.
The person we are looking for is very passionate about empowering people to be at their best. You would also promote a culture of diversity and inclusion and create an environment of trust where autonomy and alignment are no contradiction.
This position is available full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You are a member of the Data Platform department’s leadership team and take care of an autonomous team of six engineers.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and Product Owner of the team.
- You connect your team to the strategy of the Data Platform department and the company.
- In addition to recruiting, your tasks also include retaining talent, e.g. by supporting your team members in their personal and professional development.
- You support your team in building and improving effective and efficient collaboration structures.
- You develop a strong sense of ownership and accountability among your team members.
Skills & Requirements
- You can motivate a team to achieve something great, while having a passion for developing people and teams.
- You can apply agile methods in a team environment.
- You can bring structure to complex situations and communicate and implement them clearly.
- You give honest and appreciative feedback.
- A clear and transparent communication in English is a matter of course for you.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.