Data Platform Engineer - Data Core team (m/f/d)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a professional or senior level Data Platform Engineer that is passionate about building a modern, cloud based and scalable self-service data platform that enables idealo product teams to autonomously work with data.
You will be part of the team responsible for developing, running, maintaining the idealo data lake end-to-end and providing support that enables product teams to create high-quality data products.
The Data Platform department at idealo is building a cutting-edge, AWS-based data infrastructure that supports self-service analytics, enterprise reporting, machine learning and creation of data products. We recognize that a data-driven approach is a key success factor for our business. Therefore, we aim to enable our internal customers to create new value, base the everyday business decisions and easily run experiments based on data.
This is a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Build and support the core infrastructure or related tooling for idealo’s AWS-based Data Platform.
- Take ownership for decisions on technical implementations and architecture together with your team.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for products owned by the team.
- Support internal data producers to make them successful building and maintaining their data products.
- Support internal data consumers to ensure they able to drive their business with data available in the data lake.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional working experience as a (Data) Engineer or similar.
- Experience in building large scale distributed data processing systems with AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with automation, CI/CD and infrastructure as code.
- Experience or strong desire to learn Spark programming in Python and/or Scala.
- Experience or strong desire to learn SQL.
- Experience with best practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code and agile software development frameworks.
- Ability to give and take open, constructive feedback.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You want full flexibility on your way to work and beyond? No problem with a job bike or BVG company ticket - and it's environmentally friendly, too!
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.