Data Engineer - Mobile App Development (m|f|x)
We are looking for a Data Engineer (m|w|x) who is passionate about building modern, scalable and well-engineered data infrastructure products to enable your team to work autonomously with data.
As part of the Mobile App Development department, you will be a full member of the team whose mission is to revolutionize finding products, comparing the best offers and delivering the most enjoyable shopping experience via smartphones and tablets on the idealo iOS and Android apps.
About your new role
- Be an active part in building and maintaining our serverless data lake infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, running and maintaining our data infrastructure end-to-end.
- Take ownership for decisions on technical implementations and architecture together with your team.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for products owned by the team.
- You will also enable technical and non-technical internal stakeholders to autonomously work with data to base their everyday business decisions on hypotheses that are proven by data.
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience with big data architecture on preferably AWS and different AWS data services.
- You bring a deep understanding of distributed data processing and related frameworks.
- You have strong knowledge in SQL and solid experience with software development in Python or Scala.
- You are very well familiar with CI/CD, containers, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code.
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code and thrive in an agile environment.
- You are able to work at an English-speaking workplace.
Your benefits at idealo
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and as a person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online classes on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on an agile and self-reliant work environment, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.