Data Engineer – Merchant Business (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for a professional or senior level Data Engineer who is passionate about building modern, scalable, and well-engineered data products.
You will be part of a cross-functional development team that is responsible for merchant performance data, fraud detection and providing the basis for idealo’s billing engine.
You will be joining a diverse, loyal and supporting team with challenging new product ideas and ambitious technical migration projects ahead.
The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will be driving the introduction of data technologies in the team.
- You will be building and running modern software on AWS.
- Together with your team you will be taking ownership for decisions on technical implementations and architecture.
- Additionally, you will be taking end-to-end responsibility for products owned by the team.
- You will be driving innovation and strive for technical excellence.
- To create the best possible product, you will be working closely with product management.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 3+ years of professional working experience as a Data Engineer or similar.
- Experience with building, deploying and running complex software on AWS (e.g., Kubernetes, Glue/Python, Athena, Elasticsearch, Kafka) is required.
- You are familiar with advanced SQL programming.
- You have experience with CI/CD and infrastructure as code.
- Experience or desire to learn building/maintaining modern enterprise PHP applications utilizing modern frontend technologies is a plus.
- You are experienced in different software engineering best practices like pair programming, testing, clean code and agile software development frameworks.
- Your ability to give and take open, constructive feedback is a win for the team.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written (German is a plus) sum up your profile.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.