Data Analyst – Product Discovery (m|f|x)
The product discovery teams help our customers to choose the best fitting product for their particular needs.
We provide a comprehensive overview of all available products as well as all the tools to navigate that space, be it through search, facet filters, curated pages or recommendations.
We work on the category and search result pages, the wishlist and startpage and on providing a complete catalog of our current inventory.
With your passion for analytics, statistics and predictive approaches you will fundamentally impact and drive the product’s success. Are you passionate about these challenges? If so, we want to talk to you.
About your new role
- At idealo you will be part of our product owner team and reporting directly to the head of product.
- You proactively combine data from multiple data sources (Databases, User Analytics, APIs, etc.) to create meaningful analysis and reporting, mapping & documenting customer journeys and flows.
- You derive the needs of our customers from large amounts of data and validate findings using qualitative methods, working closely with UX designers, product owners, and our User Insights team.
- Based on these findings you identify business opportunities that align with our product strategy & goals, calculate business cases, and present them to product leadership and C-level stakeholders.
You monitor our business model KPIs and consult in using the right metrics for outcome analyses. Furthermore, you challenge and optimize KPIs as well as coming up with new ones, if necessary.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a passion for customer-centric analytics and increasing user and business value from an analytical point of view.
- You have a strong hands-on background in data analysis, business intelligence and/or business development.
- You have experience with SQL and are curious to analyze data with programmatic approaches (e.g. Python, R).
- You have great communication skills and can deliver a story with data.
- You are a strong team player but still can work autonomously.
Your benefits at idealo
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and as a person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online classes on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on an agile and self-reliant work environment, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.