Country Manager Italy (m|f|x)
We are a diverse group of people from all corners of the world. Every day we love to rewrite the international success story of idealo and are committed to pushing our five international portals to the next level. Similar to a start-up within idealo itself, we are constantly experimenting and looking for innovations to fuel our exceptional growth. As a Country Manager you have the opportunity to actively promote the operational and strategic development of idealo.it and are responsible for the portal's success.
The position as Country Manager Italy (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will be responsible for growth, revenue, profit and budgets within all of idealo's operations in the Italian market.
- You will lead, motivate and coordinate team members in each department dedicated to the Italian projects.
- Within our company´s matrix organisational structure, you will elaborate growth, distribution, and marketing strategies to define business goals in accordance with the head management of assigned departments.
- Furthermore you are in charge of annual business and budget planning in conjunction with head management of dedicated departments.
- You are always on the lookout for suitable future business partners, with a view to building strategically wise collaborations
- You´re constantly aware of your project´s KPIs. You know the market and competition inside out, and will always keep your team´s best interests in mind.
- You take sustained responsibility for controlling all actions related to the operation within the italian market and report to heads of assigned departments.
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least five years of experience, preferably gained at a renowned e-commerce company, consulting agency, or start-up, as well as two years of experience as an executive leader to a team and respectable operation.
- You graduated with honours in an Economics degree or a degree with similar or more impressive status.
- You strike us as an independent, well-structured, assertive, and respected colleague that leads with good examples, who convinces and inspires throughout the hierarchy.
- Data, numbers and facts are the foundation of your decisions.
- You have the mind of an analyst, and your ideas arise out of your economic experience and understanding as a professional
- You have a dynamic, thriving personality, as well as a constant urge to succeed.
- Fluency in Italian and English is a must. German and other languages are a plus.
Your benefits at idealo
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partners.
- More than 1000 motivated colleagues from 40 nations.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
- Family friendliness based on deep conviction, including flexible working hours, remote work options and 30+ vacation days per year.
- So happy: We have been named Germany's best employer in the Internet/multimedia sector for the second year in a row! Source: Focus Business, 01/2021, issue dated 19.02.2021
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international atmosphere and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only is our product portfolio diverse, but so are the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Background, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a disability do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.