Cloud Software Engineer - Team Shop Offers Import (m|w|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
Manual processes make you cringe? Do you drive for optimization and have the motivation to bring idealo to the next tech stage?
We are working on bringing idealos foundation into the future. Through massive processing and automation, we import more than two terabytes of data and generate over three billion events per day. Out of this imported data that comes from our direct partners, we generate offers which are used in our price comparison and the direct purchase. For this we need to supply internal tooling to our technical account management and also, we need to keep a close eye on our business relevant metrics.
You are the missing piece to keep us going.
The position of Cloud Software Engineer - Team Shop Offers Import (m|w|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You continuously optimize our systems and decide together with the team about new architecture and solutions.
- You participate in pair and mob programming, develop on an iterative basis and you are agile all the way.
- You migrate our current stack into the best solution on AWS that we can have.
- Together with our product owner and our stakeholders, you develop solutions that bring us to a new level.
- You actively monitor our systems to improve quality and to guarantee a smooth operation.
Skills & Requirements
- You question the status quo, work solution oriented and talk about new ideas with your team.
- You are authentic and communicative.
- You drive and have no comfort zone to speak of.
- You want to get things done.
- Furthermore, you want to work with the following technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Terraform, SNS/SQS, Glue, Angular.
- You have experience with one of the common cloud foundations (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Topics like serverless and infrastructure as code (IAC) make your heart go faster.
- Experience in frontend technologies.
What you will get from our team
- Strength coaching on an individual and on the team level.
- Humor, honesty, the need for finding solutions and a strong product focus.
- The team comes first. You will have freedom and personal responsibility in your daily work.
- Working remote is a given. idealo only requires you to come to the office for 10-15 days per year.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid working model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offers (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from our training budget.
- And what about the office? Our office in the heart of Berlin offers free organic breakfast, excellent subsidized lunch, as well as free coffee, lemonades and after-work beer, in addition to the "standard foosball". At the same time, you can network with colleagues from our group of companies on our beautiful rooftop terrace.
- Do you like support outside of work? We offer free counseling and support in all areas of life (professional, private, family, health, etc.) in cooperation with the pme-Familienservice.
- You don't live in Germany yet? We support you in the visa process and with your relocation.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1200 employees from 60 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.