Cloud Engineer - Team Transport (m|f|x)
We are Team Transport, don’t let the name fool you, we don’t deliver parcels.
In Team Transport, we strive to create an environment of authentic communication and development that propels us towards becoming a technology-driven and customer-centric team! Our ambitious goal is not only maintaining our existing infrastructure, but also facilitating the migration of legacy on-premise infrastructure to AWS. This not only ensures a positive customer experience, it also it enables us to make a difference.
The position as a Cloud Engineer - Team Transport (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You are proficient in AWS products and willing to redesign our on-premise infrastructure in the cloud.
- You see yourself enabling your idealo colleagues to develop the services they provide.
- You promote good software engineering, cloud architecture and practices not only as a part of Team Transport but in a cross-team capacity as well.
- You eagerly take part in an agile team environment where you will be managing the idealo network infrastructure and develop our cloud computing based on Infrastructure –as -Code.
- You support and advise our customers and peers in their requests regarding networking as cloud native and AWS solutions as well as sharing your expertise with the rest of the team.
- With your engineering skills you will develop and focus on automation of our desired platform self-services for public cloud as well as on -premise.
- You will be part of our on-call rotation according to our principle of “you build it – you run it”.
Skills & Requirements
- You have the will to learn new things every day.
- You are open-minded, motivated in learning by doing
- Customer centricity is your home zone.
- You are able to work autonomously with the team.
- You learn in your weak spots and explain in your masteries.
- Experience with migration to a cloud provider, preferably AWS
- AWS Knowledge (CloudFormation, VPC (-Peering, -Sharing), Private Link, ELB, EC2, EKS, Lambda, SQS, RDS, S3)
- Basic programming/automation skills (Language agnostic, iIdeally: Python/Ansible)
- Basic Kubernetes knowledge (Rancher, OpenShift or similar)
- Basic Container Networking kKnowledge (CNI, SDN, Calico or similar)
- Basic networking skills (TCP/IP, Subnetting, HTTP, DNS, etc)
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.