Cloud Engineer - Platform Operations (m|f|x)
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We as Platform Operations provide infrastructure solutions, consulting and developing in the AWS cloud, including best practices for cloud migration. We collaborate with our internal development teams to migrate existing products to get the most convenient flexibility and the best-of-breed technology running in AWS.
You are Cloud Native and want to build solutions on the cloud infrastructure of AWS? Does your heart beat for Cool Solutions & Architecture in AWS?
You are looking to work in a Learning Organization, and you consider error culture as value-creating? You are enthusiastic about working with Agile Methodologies?
Become part of idealos Platform Operations and join our journey migrating from the data center to cloud-native solution in AWS Cloud!
The position of Cloud Engineer (m|f|x) - Platform Operations is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You collaborate, consult and develop with our 50+ Software Development solutions to enable them with the migration of on-premises products to the AWS cloud
- You actively assess our developer's needs and consult them with the implementation in the AWS cloud
- You promote good software engineering, cloud architecture and best practices based on IaC with Terraform and AWS CDK
- You are passionate and curious about next-generation developments in the cloud
- You eagerly take part in a diverse and agile team environment where you will be managing the idealo Infrastructure-as-Code and create cloud-native solutions for the AWS cloud
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with software engineering & automation is highly appreciated!
- You gathered multi-year experience in cloud development and know-how to migrate data-intensive solutions from on-premises to the AWS cloud
- You are solution-oriented, apply your communicative skills and interpret your activities as the supply of services.
- You bring extensive know-how about Terraform, AWS CDK and AWS CloudFormation
- You bring extensive know-how in at least one of the following areas: AWS Security, AWS ECS & EKS; Lambda, API Gateway, Route53; AWS database specialties like RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and more; AWS costs optimization and monitoring.
Your Benefits at idealo
- A "people-first" culture that promotes your professional and personal development based on your strengths and personal goals.
- Access to learning and development platforms at idealo, but also at the Axel Springer Group.
- In addition to four days of onboarding and intensive training, you benefit from a permanent exchange of knowledge within the teams at idealo.
- Attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also support sustainable regional initiatives and suppliers. For example, free organic breakfast in our canteen and delicious fair-trade coffee.
- Together with around 1200 motivated colleagues from 60 nations in Berlin drive European e-commerce.
- Our headquarters is an ultra-modern new building in the former Berlin newspaper district and along the former Berlin Wall.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focusing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.