Chief Data Officer / CDO (m|f|x)
idealo looks back on 20 years of company history. As a shopping and comparison platform with around 16 million users per month, idealo is one of the most important players in modern e-commerce. Customers will find the best prices with us; moreover our shops find absolute fairness and economic independency in a highly competitive e-commerce market. For us at idealo, data is clearly in focus and is a key factor for our success. Our great team of idealo data specialists are firmly anchored across all our departments. To take the next big step towards excellence in data management, we are now looking for a Chief Data Officer (m|w|x) to move us to another level.
About your new role
- In this newly created position, you are responsible for holistic data management across the entire value chain of idealo.
- With a technical understanding of their specific importance, you are responsible for the strategic development of our software and tech stack for data processing.
- With a strong business sense and a close eye on the needs of our internal and external customers, you enable the entire organization to use our data to their individual needs.
You will find data-driven solutions that help us
- improve our analytical skills, recommendation services and price predictions.
- strengthen the support for our shop partners for individual success.
- get better customer insights.
- provide our customers with only the information they actually need.
- In your leadership role, you create a prosperous working environment, based on idealo’s core values: freedom, trust and responsibility.
- You report directly to idealo’s CEO and are part of the idealo management board.
Skills and requirements
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Manager in the field of BI or data science
- Outstanding expertise in the construction and scaling of data systems (e.g. data lake, data modeling).
- In-depth knowledge of the application of machine learning frameworks.
- Strong implementation skills with the understanding of organizational challenges in high-growth technology companies
- You are driven by great solutions: data is valuable to you when it makes a difference in the world.
- Strategic thinking: What data do we need to further develop our business model? How can we make our organization better through data? And what will our tech stack look like in 5 years?
Your benefits at idealo
- Large amounts of exciting data
- Great colleagues with a lot of expert knowledge to support your common vision.
- An open-minded and apolitical environment that is interested in the development of each individual person.
- Family friendliness is manifested in our company culture just as well as a responsible eye for the environment.
- We will be happy to welcome you at our new home in Berlin's city center, for a coffee on our rooftop garden with an amazing view, at one of our cafeterias serving organic lunch options or in one of our modern and light-flooded offices on the building's top floors.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.