BI Developer (m|f|x) - New Business
The New Business Team at idealo is building new products for our Business Partners to generate an additional Revenue Stream for the company.
Be part of a new data related venture from day one backed by the idealo ecosystem.
As a Data Engineer you will have the ownership to envision and generate meaningful data-driven insights for our B2B Partners.
With your passion for analytics, statistics and predictive approaches you will fundamentally impact and drive the product’s success.
About your new role
- You proactively combine data from multiple data sources (Databases, APIs etc.) to create meaningful analysis and reportings for our business partners, in line with our product strategy and customer feedback
- You drive the full data analytics stack of our product by covering all aspects of data exploration, extraction and modelling
- You are in charge of maintaining and extending our ETL pipelines (based on Airflow), as well as to integrate it with new data sources as they are discovered
- You will work close to data scientists, business analysts and product managers in order to tackle our customers’ real-life business challenges through analytics solutions to be implemented into our product
- Within the scope of your work you derive the needs of our partners from large amounts of data and validate findings using qualitative methods.
- You ensure the validity of the data we produce and implement processes to prevent inaccuracies
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2+ years of work experience as data engineer
- Experience running and scaling an Airflow cluster as an ETL solution, handling multiple data sources and large data volumes
- Experience with Terraform as an automatic configuration management tool
- Experience with Docker
- Proficient in SQL, especially extensive experience with PostgreSQL databases and good knowledge of BigQuery / Athena databases
- Proficient in Python as a programming language, Java being a strong plus
- Experience in managing resources on AWS (RDS, EC2 instances etc.) and implementing solid security measures to ensure the safety of data
- Proficient with linux and commonly associated shells and commands
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written; German is nice to have
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a dynamic environment
At idealo you can expect
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct
contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that
can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in
summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the
mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right
in the heart of Berlin, over 800
employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping.
We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a
healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are
firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our
As part of our team, you can look forward to
freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas
are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is
diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you
are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely
handicapped degree do not play a role.