Backend Engineer (Java) (m|f|x) – Team Payment
Deutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We’re currently transforming our price comparison shopping site to an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. In order to make this transformation possible, we’re working on far-reaching improvements to our architecture. At the same time, we introduce major new capabilities, e.g., a new way of doing payments in our checkout. In the Payment team, we provide idealo customers with secure and seamless payment experience.
The position of Backend Engineer (Java) (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You are a product-minded software engineer with passion for software security who wants to evolve our product and its architecture.
- You appreciate teamwork – be it planning together, pair programming and code reviews, or giving and receiving open and constructive feedback.
- You with the whole team own the complete software lifecycle (requirements management with stakeholders, architecture, implementation, test automation, operation, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring) and drive innovation for technical excellence.
- You embrace and promote healthy modern engineering practices through clean, well-tested and well-structured code.
- You like to think in terms of microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures.
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong professional experience as a software engineer of modern web applications and backend services.
- You are proficient with Java 11+ and Spring ecosystem (Boot, Cloud, Data). Message streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and NoSQL databases like MongoDB are a big plus.
- You are familiar with microservice-oriented architecture and its patterns and anti-patterns, domain-driven design and event-driven architecture.
- You love agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban as much as we do and help to improve our ways of working together.
You are an especially good match, if you...
- ...have previous e-commerce or payment systems experience.
- ...have run your production systems on AWS.
- …you know your way around Kubernetes, Docker and containerization.
- ...you have passion to learn new things.
- Training opportunities for your individual career in product management.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own workday.
- Family friendliness based on deep conviction, including flexible working hours, remote work options and 30+ vacation days per year.
- So happy: We have been named Germany's best employer in the Internet/multimedia sector for the second year in a row! Source: Focus Business, 01/2021, issue dated 19.02.2021.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,100 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.