Team Lead (m|f|x) - Software Development
idealo is currently looking for a team leader with strong skills in engineering management for the product area Shopping.
We’re currently transforming our price comparison shopping site to an e-commerce platform that gives optimal advice to our customers in their online purchase decisions and allows them to directly purchase on our platform. In order to make this transformation possible, we’re working on far-reaching improvements to our architecture. At the same time, we introduce major new capabilities, e.g. a new way of doing payments in our checkout.
As a team lead, you will enable teams to collaborate effectively in a changing environment and help our engineers both in their professional and personal development.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities include
Leadership and development
- Develop up to 10 engineers in two closely related teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support.
- Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your teams and within our organization.
- Facilitate career development by aligning your employees’ personal development goals with opportunities in the organization
Recruiting and management
- Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Assess applications, conduct interviews, collaborate closely with our People team and other team leads to continuously improve our recruiting.
- Create an optimal onboarding experience for new employees with your team.
- Manage collaboration with consultants and freelancers.
- Identify required skills in your teams and suggest hiring or external support as needed
Process, structures, and organization
- Foster self-organization in your teams by empowering them to take responsibility for streams of business value and technical components.
- improve collaboration and the flow of business value together with teams and product owners. Help us continuously improve and build further supporting structures for our teams. Drive broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives with other members of our engineering management team.
- Support incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our product organization.
- Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation. We don’t expect you to write or review code, so this role may not be for you if you will deeply miss those things.
- You have at least 3 years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software with them, ideally as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Team Lead. Your experience includes hiring, as well as engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their development.
- You are experienced in software engineering practices that support continuous delivery of business value at a sustainable pace. Proven experience in developing and adapting processes and structures supporting self-organization.
- Language: excellent English in written and verbal form. Proficiency in German on level C1 or C2 is a plus.
Your Benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focus on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and are an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international atmosphere, and an inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only is our product portfolio diverse, but so are the people who work on it each day. We want you just as you are! Background, religion, gender, sexual orientation and disability play no role in the application process.