Software Engineer | Merchant Business (m|f|x)
As member of the product area “Merchant Business” you work on our complex software-landscape serving the accounting of klicks and orders. You are in a team that finds ways to increase and optimize the attractivity of our Product for B2B customers. We document fulfilled services in order to make them billable to our merchants and allow for optimizing their and our business.
You evolve in an agile environment which is constantly adapting. We decide autonomously which technologies we use, and take responsibility for our choices.
The position as a Software Engineer (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- With your team and colleagues from other departments you discover new ideas, which you validate using hypotheses and data analysis.
- You count the money: Your teams' mission is, along with the definition of the service-catalogue we offer our partners, to provide an invoice for all fulfilled services.
- Along with maintaining existing (PHP-written) apps, you build the future of our systems (using Go). You are provided an extended toolkit, which for instance includes Kafka, Kubernetes, SQL- and NoSQL-databases, VueJS and many offerings from the AWS-cloud.
Skills and requirements
- You are interested in the business problems you are solving
- Several years of experience with PHP and its popular frameworks
- First experiences with go or interest in learning it
- You communicate in an open and honest way. A trustful relationship to your teammates is very important to you
- You strongly feel that automated testing is part of the development process
- You are curious for opportunities to learn, and you like to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.