Senior Data Analyst - Inventory Management (m|w|x)
idealo has direct business relationships with the entire e-commerce retailer market, from Amazon and eBay to small and medium-sized specialist online shops - everyone is represented. For our business partners we are one of the most important sources for online traffic, customer contacts and online sales. In a two-sided platform business, inventory is essential to generate the overall growth.
We are looking for your support in sales development, because with your analyses you can make a significant contribution to taking the right measures at an early stage as well as ideally developing recommendations for action and strategies for the future.
As Senior Date Analyst, your creative approach to data opens new perspectives for our teams and generates meaningful data driven insights for our platform business.
About your new role
- As an Inventory Data Analyst (m|w|x), you combine multiple data sources (Data Warehouse, MySQL databases) to create analysis, reports, and relevant dashboards in order to enable automated data driven decision making.
- Based on your analysis, you will be able to derive and represent recommendations for action and develop self-explanatory, thus meaningful dashboards.
- You assist Business Managers in finding the answers that they need to drive projects.
- Through continuous research you provide excellent knowledge management and constantly share new perspectives and opportunities with your team.
- You communicate your results proactively and make it easy for your stakeholders to understand the results.
Skills & Requirements
- You possess a strong analytical mindset, a passion for working with data and statistics and a minimum of five years working experience in a similar position.
- You have several years of experience in using R, Python and/or Tableau, other statistical reporting tools would be an advantage.
- You are experienced in data modelling using AWS infrastructure - in preference a background in computer science or a scientific education in mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, data science or similar.
- You are highly motivated and know how to cut through the complexity, and you excel in explaining your findings clearly.
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, both oral and written.
- It is a big plus if you already have experience in the field of (physical) inventory management.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.