Senior Business Development Manager (m|f|x) - Category Growth
Here at idealo we are a diverse group of people from all corners of the world. We’re committed to pushing the idealo brand to the next level in exciting markets and this drives us to achieve more each day. As a Senior Business Development Manager (m|f|x) you will be looking for innovations to fuel our exceptional growth in all categories. You are in charge of the operational and strategic development of idealo’s categories and push our sites’ perfomance to the next level.
The position as Senior Business Development Manager (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will be managing our inventory health buckets to improve demand and offer thus achieving overall company KPI goals set for turn and profitability.
- You partner with internal teams to help create and drive tools and process improvements, including modelling demand forecast via aggregating commercial activities and different functional input (e.g. Pricing, Marketing, Content etc.).
- With your hands-on mentality, you take on communication with various people across idealo in order to drive sales and improve inventory quality.
- In your role you will also drive the development of various categories like CE, Home & Living, Fashion & Fitness, etc.
- You will monitor the business performance in the market, point out and explain deviations and derive recommendations to close performance gaps to be shared.
Skills & Requirements
- You have successfully finished a Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, statistics, management or have comparable qualifications, and have gained 4+ years of work experience in a consumer-oriented commercial, financial or highly analytical role.
- You are a strategic commercial thinker with impressive analytical skills and critical mindset. You have strong technical skills in Excel. Knowledge in SQL is a strong plus.
- You have a good understanding of the main characteristics of a platform business in an e-commerce retailing environment.
- You have good communication skills and can drive projects with different teams across the organization.
You are business-fluent in English; German language skills will be considered a plus.
At idealo you can expect
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct
contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that
can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in
summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.