Senior Backend Engineer (Java / Kotlin) – Mobile Application Development (m|f|x)
As Senior Backend Engineer (m|f|x) at idealo you support the continuing evolution of our award-winning e-commerce apps and their backend services in part-time or full-time. We are a fully integrated and autonomous team that balances using proven technologies with cutting edge experimentation, delivering best in class user experiences. We own our code and together as designers, products owners, analysts and engineers, are driving the direction of our products.
About your new role
- As part of our mobile applications department you will be working in a cross-functional team, including designers, engineers and analysts to build best in class products and software.
- We aim for agility and thus you will be part of the entire product life cycle, from the ideation of features to a final version of our product that is used by millions of users.
- You will be working with our modern technologies, such as Kotlin, GraphQL, Kafka, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Spring and MongoDB.
- You’ll design and implement scalable and resilient services and collaborate with other teams in cross-departmental projects.
- You are continuously improving our code, our processes and grow our team’s knowledge and skill.
- You have solid experience engineering and architecting software, with a proven track record of working with high availability, microservices and event streaming.
- You have excellent knowledge of Java and spring framework and have ideally been working with Kotlin.
- Concepts such as software craftsmanship, clean code and continuous live deployment are of great importance to you.
- With an agile mindset and full stack engineering skills, you emphasize time to market without compromising your ambition for code and product quality.
- You are fluent in English.
Your Benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partners.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during your lunch break.
- Ideal working conditions for a healthy work-life-balance, including 30+ days of holiday remote work options and flexible office hours.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.