Product Owner (m|w|x) – Merchant Success
With more than a million visitors per day, idealo is one of the biggest e-Commerce sites in Europe. As a product owner, you will develop products that turn consumer behavior data into actionable insights for idealo’s partner merchants. Those insights will help our partners to become measurably more successful on our platform. You will lead discovery and delivery for your products and measure your success against customer-focused key metrics. As part of the leadership team of the Product Area Merchant Business, you will drive the change that will make idealo indispensable for conscious consumers and merchants.
- At idealo you are part of a cross-functional team that strives for excellence in product and software development.
- In regular interactions with merchants and customers you and your team understand what wants and needs they have.
- You work closely with other product owners, account managers, data analysts and an engineering team.
- You understand the company objectives deeply, derive a strategy and discuss it with various stakeholders including C-Level.
- To measure progress and success you use leading and lagging indicators.
- You have a positive impact on our culture and look forward contributing to our change focusing on value creating for customers and merchants.
Skills & Requirements
- You have experience with two-sided (B2B2C) business models and / or data products.
- You have gained 2+ years as a Product Manager in a product development team.
- The ability to analyse large datasets and derive hypotheses from those are a strength of you.
- You are passionate about hypothesis-driven, iterative product development.
- You aim for impact and outcome, not just output.
- A deep understanding of and eagerness to promote agile and product methodologies are in your DNA.
- Fluent English speaking completes your profile. Additionally, German, French, Italian or Spanish is a plus.
Your Benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your individual management or specialist career.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Employees are self-reliant and free to schedule their own work day.
- Family friendliness based on deep conviction, including flexible working hours, remote work options and 30+ vacation days per year.
- So happy: We have been named Germany's best employer in the Internet/multimedia sector for the second year in a row! Source: Focus Business, 01/2021, issue dated 19.02.2021.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.