Product Owner (m|f|x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTechnology
With around 18 million visitors per month, idealo is one of the largest shopping and comparison platforms in Germany. The core of idealo's growing travel section is the award-winning comparison of flights and accommodations. Are you curious and enthusiastic about what you do? Do you want to support our development teams in the successful implementation of various projects? Then we are looking for you as a product owner (m|f|x) for our travel team. idealo offers you a familiar working atmosphere with a high degree of personal responsibility. Thanks to short decision-making and communication channels in a small, dynamic environment, you can actively contribute to the company's success and creatively contribute to its further development. If you are not only looking for a job, but also for a team in which you can develop personally and professionally, we should get to know each other!
The position as a Product Owner (m|w|x) for our travel team is advertised as full-time or part-time.
- As a Product Owner (m|w|x), you have a clear view of the company's goals: as a central part of the multi-member team, you are responsible for the prioritization in the product backlog.
- You create epics, features and user stories with the help of JIRA and are responsible for their implementation together with your team.
- You support our developers in the areas of data warehouse, backend or search in project design and implementation.
- In addition, you conduct data-based analyses and always keep an eye on the evaluation of the most important KPIs.
- You moderate regular meetings in an agile environment (dailies/weekies, sprint planning, refinement, review) and are in regular contact with your colleagues from the product, marketing, sales and business intelligence departments.
Skills & Requirements
- You have ideally experience in software development or in a role as a Product Owner, especially experience in working with SQL.
- You are familiar with the terms OKR, product visions, and product roadmaps and you feel confident in formulating SMART goals.
- You are a talented communicator and can explain complex issues in a simple and understandable way.
- You have a basic understanding of product design and usability as well as a technical background.
- You are empathetic and a team player, at the same time you are convincing in your role as moderator and project manager.
- Finally, you have good language skills in German and English.
Your benefits at idealo
- No downtime! There is always something going on with us! We offer you individual training opportunities for your specialist or management career.
- The equipment you need to work. We attach great importance to sustainability and environmental awareness. A highly motivated team that is already looking forward to your support and to developing strategies together with you and achieving common goals.
- A wide range of development opportunities and projects that you can drive forward with a great deal of personal responsibility.
- An open corporate culture that focuses on honesty, courage, and tolerance.
- Countless other idealo benefits to satisfy the desires of every heart, ranging from organic breakfast in the morning to bicycles that can be borrowed during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy. As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.