Head of Technology (m|f|x)
As Head of Technology (m|f|x) for the area “Product Discovery” you will help millions of customers every day to discover the best products for their needs among millions of alternatives. You will empower and lead our product teams to create a state-of-the-art search and discovery experience for our German and international customers. The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- As Head of Technology (m|f|x), you will develop and realize a technical vision and strategy for your product area.
- With your clear communication or vision and strategy, you enable your teams to take the right decisions for their products with confidence and to quickly develop innovative products.
- Together with the Head of Product you will guide the overall product area to greater success, creating a working culture of appreciation and togetherness.
- Following our core principles of freedom, trust and responsibility, you will be coaching five Team Leads in order to make your teams and themselves grow personally and professionally.
- You know what is happening in your teams and are very much aware of all challenges and project statuses. You provide the tools and skill set-ups, so that your teams can work and grow on their own.
Skills & Requirements
- You have proven record of success in leading and inspiring team leads of different maturity.
- You bring great technical understanding and have ideally been working in the e-commerce industry. Experience in Search Technology, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence are a big plus.
- With your instinct for coaching, your ability to listen carefully and your strong empathy you understand how to motivate and guide your team to work autonomously within an agile work environment.
- You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues and decisions in a comprehensible way. German language skills are appreciated.
Your benefits at idealo
- Being part of a more and more diverse leadership team that works together on our ambitious goals, while also working to create something new.
- Grow as a leadership person through individually tailored development opportunities, seminars and workshops but also through leadership network talks with your relevant peers.
- Active support and customized offers that help you balance your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- A supportive leadership team in an open, apolitical environment that is interested in the development of the individual.
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental, social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1,000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities