Head of Product (m|f|x)
The product area “Product Discovery” helps millions of daily customers to find the right product. We are responsible for the idealo start page, search, category and result pages and the wish list. Additionally, we provide tools for our content team to manage these pages and enhance our product catalogue.
For product decisions we can rely on numerous feedbacks from our users: a user research department, A/B-testing software, survey tools and above all over 50 million visits per month, which give us exciting quantitative insights, ensure that we build user-cantered products and optimize our products accordingly.
The position as Head of Product (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- As Head of Product (m|f|x), you will develop and realize a product vision and strategy for your product area.
- With your clear communication of vision and strategy, you enable your teams to make the right decisions for their products with confidence and to quickly develop innovative products.
- Together with the Head of Technology, you will guide the overall product area to greater success, creating a working culture of appreciation and togetherness.
- Following our core principles of freedom, trust and responsibility, you will be coaching five Product Owners in order to make your teams and themselves grow personally and professionally.
- You know what is happening in your teams and are very much aware of all challenges. You provide the guidance and skill set-ups, so that your teams succeed in hypothesis- and data-driven product development.
Skills & Requirements
- Product Management: You have experience in user-cantered development of high-traffic, digital products - ideally in a B2C e-commerce environment.
- Technology: You have a very good technical understanding of modern web technologies and their capabilities.
- You have proven record of success in leading and inspiring teams and Product Owners of different maturity.
- With your instinct for coaching, your ability to listen carefully and your strong empathy you understand how to motivate and guide your team to work autonomously within an agile work environment.
- You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues and decisions in a comprehensible way. German language skills are appreciated.
Your benefits at idealo
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee are in the center of our company values.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and individual person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based product and technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams.
- Access to learning and development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of 300+ highly skilled and experienced technologists from 40+ nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and merchants as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 1,000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities