Head of Product (m|f|x)
Product Area Shopping
Once an idealo user already knows which product to buy, everything revolves around comparing the corresponding offers and making a purchase decision if necessary. With tens of thousands of partner stores connected to idealo and providing us with about 350 million offers, there is a huge variety to discover. The main purpose of the product area "Shopping" is to support users in making a good purchase decision and to enable them to make a smooth purchase transaction.
For product decisions we can rely on numerous feedback from our users: a user research department, A/B-testing software, survey tools, and above all over 50 million visits per month, which give us exciting quantitative insights, ensure that we build user-centered products, or optimize our products accordingly.
The position as Head of Product (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
You will head the product area Shopping together with the Head of Technology.
- Based on the idealo vision, you and the Head of Technology derive missions and projects for your department, incl. optimizing the organizational structure and developing organizational maturity in a targeted manner.
- You are leading by example and create an atmosphere of appreciation and togetherness, with a focus on mentoring and developing our Product Owners and Product Analysts.
- Our strong idealo values guide you through your daily work in a leadership role; to monitor the department’s success you moreover find suitable and reliable OKRs and KPIs.
- Your experience counts: We want to better our Product Management and data-driven approach, for which we are open to your constructive ideas and shared knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
- Product Management: You have experience in the user-centered development of high-traffic, digital products - ideally in a B2C e-commerce environment.
- Technology: You have a very good technical understanding of modern web technologies and their capabilities.
- People Management: You bring intercultural understanding and empathy for diverse teams that help you grow professionally and personally - individually as well as together with your team.
- Organizational Development: Keeping the big picture in mind you are open for change and find suitable measures for continuous development in your department.
Strong communication skills: You bring strong communication skills in English that enable you to communicate complex issues in a comprehensible way.
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment.
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and individual person based on your strengths and personal goals.
- We are a principle-based Product & Technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning and development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network on conferences and meetups.
- A diverse and engaged community of 300+ highly skilled and experienced technologists from 40+ nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin.
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.