Head of Product – Data Platform (m|f|x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinProduct
We are looking for a Head of Product – Data Platform (m|f|x) highly passionate about owning a foundational data platform, providing data platform products, and raising the bar for applying high product management standards on internal platform products.
The Data Platform department at idealo is building a cutting-edge, AWS-based foundation platform suitable for self-service, agile analytics as well as for machine learning, data products, and enterprise reporting. We believe that a data-driven approach is a key success factor for our business. Therefore, we aim to enable our technical and non-technical internal users to base their everyday business decisions on hypotheses that are proved by data.
Leading the department, you enable our 4 product teams to develop solutions for problems like sharing, integrating, modelling and accessing data in a highly dynamic environment, as well as creating a foundation to use machine learning at scale for our idealo platform.
The position as Head of Product – Data Platform (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will head the product area “Data Platform”, together with the Head of Technology.
- You develop vision and strategy for your department, addressing product strategy, technical strategy and organizational structure and maturity.
- You apply the OKR framework for setting ambitious and meaningful goals and ensure that progress is monitored by appropriate KPIs and metrics.
- With your lead-by-example approach, you focus on mentoring and developing your Product Managers.
- You collaborate closely with your stakeholders and users to continuously improve the data platform and data literacy at idealo.
- Your experience counts: We want to improve our Product Management and data-driven approach, for which we are open to your constructive ideas and shared knowledge.
Skills & Requirements
- You are a strong product leader and you are experienced in building and leading agile teams as well as team leads and product managers.
- You have experience building and leading agile teams.
- You have experience leading team leads and product managers.
- You have experience in building platform products and applying product management tools and frameworks on internal platforms.
- You have a good understanding of data-, software- and systems engineering and cloud-based big data architectures and distributed computing.
- You are already very familiar with automation when it comes to deployment, data pipelines and infrastructure.
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing and clean code.
- You are fluent in English.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
- Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!