Head of International Product & Technology (m|f|x)
We are looking for a Head of International Product & Technology (m|f|x) to empower and lead our product teams, who are constantly pushing the idealo brand to the next level; with latest technology and millions of idealo users in 5 countries across Europe in mind. Almost like a start-up within idealo itself, we drive the evolution of our international online product and price comparison platforms to fuel our exceptional growth. The position is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- As a Head of International Product & Technology (m|f|x), you take care of the interests and projects of our International Product & Technology and White Label departments.
- With your lead-by-example approach, you will inspire, motivate and develop a beautifully diverse teams of 20 highly skilled Team Leads, Software Developers, Product Managers and UX/UI Designers.
- You listen carefully, liaise with the relevant product & technology stakeholders from the certain product areas and make sure that our overall idealo business strategy aligns with our projects in the respective departments.
- You’ll manage your department based on OKRs and KPIs and initiate process optimizations to ensure the continuous development of the International department.
- You will report to the Domain Lead and closely align with the International Business Owners.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a proven track record as an inspiring manager of successful product teams and departments. With your instinct for coaching and advising, you understand how to motivate and guide your team to work autonomously within an agile working environment.
- You have experience in the user-centred product development - ideally in the e-commerce sector. A solid knowledge of common methods and frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Design Thinking, OKRs and change management will help you to work with our product teams. A profound understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, and clean code is a plus.
- You love e-commerce and are familiar with current trends, new products and the most important market players.
- You bring good communication skills in English. German language skills are appreciated.
Your benefits at idealo
- Being part of a more and more diverse leadership team that works together on our ambitious goals, while also working to create something new.
- Grow as a leadership person through individually tailored development opportunities, seminars and workshops but also through leadership network talks with your relevant peers.
- Active support and customized offers that help you balance your demanding work with your private goals and requirements.
- A supportive leadership team in an open, apolitical environment that is interested in the development of the individual
- A bunch of amazing idealos, who you will find engaging in environmental, social projects, making idealo a better and more responsible company every day.
- Our new home in the heart of Berlin, light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a brilliant view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.