Fullstack Developer (m|f|x) - Product Discovery
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTechnology
As part of our Pico Pixel team in Product Discovery, you are responsible for the heart of idealo - the content catalog. We are cooperating with about 50,000 e-commerce stores in Europe, from small, specialized stores to large marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. Thus, our customers have access to several hundred million items, which we display in the form of products in our content catalog.
One of our unique challenges is to structure this collection of items in such a way that they provide our customers an overview of the entire e-commerce market. We support the content department with a variety of tools for product creation and maintenance; the data management of the items and products is our responsibility as well. The next big challenge for us is the migration to the AWS cloud and the continuous automation of product creation.
You want to make a difference and help shape the e-commerce experience of our customers? Then you've come to the right place! The position as Fullstack Developer (m|f|x) is available in full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You will work on modern web applications using a wide range of technologies and frameworks.
- You deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop
- Your team is part of our agile product development process, and you develop new features in short release cycles.
- New challenges require new insights. Hence, you enjoy learning quickly and closely with your product team to bring value to your partners.
- Technical excellence is your passion, and you promote it whilst keeping the needs of our customers in mind.
- You develop cool content tools and drive innovation in content data management.
What you bring
- You have a distinctive and solution-oriented mindset for complex issues and can structure your tasks with ease.
- Your education and experience as a software developer helps you to solve challenges in a goal-oriented manner and to communicate them to different levels of stakeholders.
- As a team player, you actively involve your team in finding the best solutions and are in close contact with them, for example to share your findings and best practices. You are no stranger to pair programming, code reviews and the pull principle.
- You maintain an open and respectful relationship with your colleagues at eye level and you bring a high level of commitment to continuous improvement.
At idealo you can expect
Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
A diverse and engaged community of +380 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +60 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,200 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!