Frontend Engineer – Product Discovery (m|f|x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTechnology
Every day, millions of users trust idealo to find the right product at the best. At its heart, the Product Discovery department is therefore responsible for our category pages, product filters, home page, search and product catalog, to ensure a unique and most reliable experience for every idealo user.
You don't just want to get ahead; you want to make a difference? You don't just want to talk about things; but you want to implement them? You don't just want to look beyond your own nose, but work on large international projects? You are not only looking for a job, but for a team in which you can develop freely? Are you non-blocking?
If you can answer all these questions with "yes", then we are looking for you as a Frontend Engineer (m|f|x) part-time or full-time, with passion for highly available and performant web applications!
About your new role
- You work on a high-performance, server-side rendered React platform with several million hits per minute.
- With your cross-functional product development team, you will develop new features based on hypothesis and support our users in finding the right product.
- Fast is not fast enough for you: You will also tease out the last bit of page performance.
- You'll develop on a sophisticated web application using a wide range of technologies and frameworks, including: Node.js, Express, React, Webpack, Typescript, Kotlin, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Maven, Kafka, SCSS, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes/AWS
Skills & requirements
- "Serverside rendering with React" is in your toolbox.
- You have already worked in agile, product-driven teams.
- You are interested in Domain-Driven Design, Event-Driven Architecture and Self-Contained Systems.
- Technologies like Java 11, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB are familiar to you.
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, data structures, agile processes) and see yourself as a "Pragmatic Software Craftwoman/Craftsman/Craftsperson".
Your benefits at idealo
- Training opportunities for your career
- Family-friendly and environmental-friendly company policy.
- International, open-minded working environment with 1000+ people from 40 countries.
- The provision of all necessary equipment that you need to deliver top performances.
- Ideal working conditions for a healthy work-life-balance, including 30+ days of holiday remote work options and flexible office hours.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!