Domain Lead Foundation Platform (m|f|x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinTechnology
idealo is Germany's largest price comparison service. We are also the largest price comparison brand in Europe and one of the fastest growing e-commerce services. We create transparency for consumers. We are convinced that informed people make better decisions. This also applies to us, which is why data plays such a big role at idealo.
And idealo generates a lot of data: We are one of the widest-reach sites in German-language e-commerce: we reach about one-third of all online shoppers (in DE), creating a huge user data base, with billions of price updates per day from tens of thousands of merchants. This all happens on our technology platform, which must constantly grow with the new demands of our customers. In the last years, idealo has transitioned to an enterprise data lake to democratise data throughout the organisation, built by product teams who deliver a set of internal data products for producers and consumers, built natively on AWS.
In the course of our growth, we are now looking for a Director Foundation Platform (m|f|x) in a newly created position as a strategic addition to this area - in full-time or part-time.
Where we need you
- In your role as Domain Lead (Director), you will lead idealo to a well-coordinated, clearly communicated Operations & Data Platform Strategy that is known throughout the company.
- With your expertise, you will build the strategy for our critical platform infrastructure enablement functions like SRE, Compute, Storage, Network, Routing and migrating infrastructure in accordance with our public cloud strategy.
- You will contribute to a clear vision of the technical platform that enables product development teams to generate business value faster.
- You communicate and act as an interface between the CTO, Team Leads and Head ofs, listen carefully and derive the right strategies that lead to mutual success.
- Your leadership team is established, and you support them in their personal and professional development.
- As a Domain Lead, you ensure sustainable delivery and the organizational development necessary to achieve this.
- With a clear view of our idealo values, you will create ideal conditions for autonomous and efficient work in an appreciative and collaborative atmosphere in your areas.
- You will be a part of the existing leadership team of the Product & Technology department.
- Together with the other domain leads, you will be responsible for the success of almost 400 idealos in our department who create value for our customers in cross-functional teams.
- You enjoy working with others to develop products that our customers love.
Skills and requirements
- You are at home in online business.
- You have excellent domain knowledge in the areas of infrastructure, data center, data lake and cloud migration (AWS) as well as a broad and deep knowledge of platform strategies and scaling effects.
- In your work you value a creative environment and are familiar with the art of scalability & continuous delivery.
- Your working method is characterized by your user-oriented mindset and your relevant experience in product management.
- Through your many years of experience as a manager, you have proven leadership skills - especially in leading large teams with own team leader.
- You have strong communication skills, and you are able to pick up the impulses and ideas of your teams, to form a common vision and to build the platform of the future together with them.
Your benefits at idealo
- A corporate culture that is based on the values of freedom and responsibility.
- The best colleagues in the world, who make idealo a better company every day.
- Family friendliness based on deep conviction, including flexible working hours, remote work options and 30+ vacation days per year.
- So happy: We have been named Germany's best employer in the Internet/multimedia sector for the second year in a row! Source: Focus Business, 01/2021, issue dated 19.02.2021
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,200 employees from 60 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We are focusing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Our interview process is currently fully remote, however we are glad to be back at the office in hybrid mode soon. idealos will then be spending their time partly at the office in Berlin and partly remote. Feel free to reach out for further infos!