Data Platform Engineer (m|f|x)
Standort flexibelDeutschland, Berlin, BerlinTechnology & Data
We are looking for an experienced Data Platform Engineer (m|f|x) who is passionate about building a modern, cloud based and scalable self-service data platform that enables idealo product teams to autonomously work with data. You will be an integral part of the Data Core team, responsible for developing, running, & maintaining the idealo data lake end-to-end. You support and enable product teams to create high-quality data products and provide easy and reliable data storage and access.
As the Data Platform product area at idealo, we are building a cutting-edge, cloud-based data platform suitable for self-service analytics as well as for machine learning, data products, and our enterprise reporting. We believe that a data-driven approach is a key success factor for our business. Therefore, we aim to enable our technical and non-technical internal customers to base their everyday business decisions on hypotheses that are proved by data.
This position is a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- Build and support the core infrastructure or related tooling for idealo’s AWS-based Data Platform.
- Be an engaged part in building a serverless data lake for idealo and services around it.
- Together with the team you make decisions on technical implementations and architecture.
- Work together with internal customers to make them successful in the data lake; enable effortless data discovery with the aim to create a company-wide data catalog
Skills & Requirements
- You are a DataOps engineer with experience in DevOps principles in a data environment
- You have proven expertise working as a data platform engineer, ideally involved in building a Data Lake.
- You have experience with big data architecture on AWS and different AWS data services.
- You are familiar with CI/CD, containers, K8s, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code.
- You have programming experience with Spark programming in Python/Scala and SQL.
- You value collaborating in cross-functional environments & are energized communicating complex engineering problems to others.
- You have experience in a KPI-driven environment and are familiar with concepts of Service Levels, including delivery and CSAT or NPS.
- You take care of important non-functional requirements of product development like security, scalability, usability, cost efficiency and maintainability.
We encourage diverse profiles, so if this role sounds exciting to you and you match even 50% of the requirements please apply.
At idealo you can expect
- You don't live in Berlin and want to work from home? Our hybrid work model offers you the freedom to work from all over Germany in a mobile and flexible way. Together we will find the best solution that works for you. In return, you get everything you need for your work (noise-canceling headset, laptop, etc.).
- You need vacation? We offer you 30 days of vacation. Not enough? You can "buy" an additional 15 days every year by converting your salary and it's seen as a positive thing.
- You want to further your education? We take your personal development goals seriously and, in addition to our idealo Learning Hub, eLearning offerings (e.g., Udemy, DataCamp), coaching & mediation, we also offer you the opportunity to benefit individually from additional learning and development budget.
- You are a parent of a child that’s in need of daycare? Your needs are well looked after with our company KiTa which enables you to keep focused on work with no worries. In addition, you are paid in full for up to 30 sick days per child per year and if you are a single parent, even up to 60 sick days.
- And what else is there? Of course, success must be celebrated! In addition to team events, you can also expect big company events and other moments of organized connection with others in the company and your team throughout the year!
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Today, with 1.5 million visits per day, 50,000 shops, and more than 330 million product offers, we are one of the most popular German e-commerce websites and one of the leading European shopping and comparison platforms. We are active as a price comparison platform in six countries (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, and Spain).
We are located in the heart of Berlin and offer a unique idealo spirit. Your ideas are the driving force that moves our business forward. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a degree of disability are irrelevant.
If you are passionate about improving the world of online shopping alongside 1200 idealos from 60 nations, apply with us today.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
Please contact our representative for severely disabled persons at: email@example.com .
Our office is barrier-free for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Work in the office and from wherever you like.
idealo allows you to work from wherever you are. As part of our Hybrid Work at idealo, you decide whether and how often you work from our office in Berlin or remotely because you live in another city within Germany or the café down the street makes the best coffee cream. Only about once a month, there will be mandatory office days to bring idealos together at company, department or team level, including stunning views from our roof terrace. Find out what Hybrid Work at idealo is all about here and in a personal conversation in the interviews!
Vielen Dank für Deine Bewerbung!
Deine Bewerbung wurde an uns weitergeleitet. Wir prüfen Deine Unterlagen und melden uns in den kommenden Tagen bei Dir zurück. Du willst über idealo auf dem Laufenden bleiben? Folge uns auf LinkedIn.