Cloud Engineer - Persistence (m|f|x)
We as Team Persistence provide infrastructure solutions and consulting around databases, storage and persistence on-premise as well as in the public cloud, including best practices for cloud migration. We facilitate our internal development teams to get the most convenient flexibility and the best-of-breed technology to implement their products.
The position as a Cloud Engineer - Team Persistence (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You promote good software engineering, cloud architecture and practices in the persistence team
- You eagerly take part in an agile team environment where you will be managing the idealo persistence infrastructure and develop our cloud computing based on Infrastructure-as-Code.
- You support and advise our customers and peers in their requests regarding persistence as cloud native and Amazon AWS solutions
- With your engineering skills you will develop and focus on automation of our platform self-services for public cloud
- You will be part of our on-call rotation according to our principle of “you build it- you run it”
Skills & Requirements
- You have immersive working experience and solid knowledge about software engineering e.g. Golang, Java or other programming languages.
- You have extensive experience with Amazon AWS or equivalent.
- You promote automation and are enthusiastic about building infrastructure as code and automation around Amazon AWS.
- You have strong interest in persistence and data solutions in the public cloud.
- As a communicative, customer-oriented, and self-organized person, you enjoy collaborating with different teams.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.