SEO Manager – French Market (m|f|x)
When someone says “Frog”, you don’t think of a little green animal, but instead you’re inspired for your next analysis? Then you’ve found your position 0!We love SEO and have done so since our inception in 2000. Content is Queen*King, but technical and data challenges also wait for you -It’s not just with the SEO Team where you can philosophise about pagination, but also with the CMO, the CEOs and the SEO Tech Team.If you’re not fazed by large amounts of data and enjoy the challenge of complex tasks, then you’ve come to the right place!
About your new role
As SEO Manager, your responsibility is the conception and implementation of SEO projects that improve the idealo SEO performance with focus on our French domain idealo.fr.
- You conduct keyword research and work on keyword cluster analysis, which then allows you to set the content strategy together with the FR content team.
- Projects are not limited to the French market - some of your initiatives will extend to all of idealo’s 6 countries and come to life in cross-functional teams together with employees from content, product management and IT.
- Optimisations of our on-page structure, internal linking, landing pages and search engine crawling also belong to your responsibilities.
- You monitor and evaluate SEO performance, come up with concepts & tests to improve it, and manage the projects from start (spec) to finish (QA, evaluation).
Skills & Requirements
- Having several years of experience in managing SEO programs, you can make significant contributions to our success.
- You have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
- You have already gained experience in technical SEO analysis and reporting and have an understanding of ranking factors for Google’s algorithm, both past and present.
- Clear communication is a particular strength, helping you to further advance processes and teamwork
- You are fluent in French and in English; German is a plus - not a must.
- You have a basic understanding of elements such as HTML, CSS, robots.txt, metadata, etc. are with tools like (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Searchmetrics, Screaming Frog etc.).
At idealo you can expect
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input.
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that
can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in
summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the
mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right
in the heart of Berlin, over 800
employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping.
We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a
healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are
firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our
As part of our team, you can look forward to
freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas
are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is
diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you
are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely
handicapped degree do not play a role.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.