Senior Software-Engineer (Java) (m|f|x) - Team B2C-Offers
Our team is responsible for the contents of the list of offers that are shown as a key-feature to our users in the apps and on our website. We deliver information concerning the pricing and sorting of this list as well as meta information and summaries to several other teams at idealo via Kafka and APIs.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo
- You embrace healthy, modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and thoughtfully refactored code with the team
- You approach your work proactively and have a sense for solving problems, the smart and simple way
- You will develop and deploy our new product continuously
- You will be working closely with our Product Owner and team members to deliver high quality and fast APIs and streaming content
- You love agile methodologies like Kanban and Pair Programming practices as much as we do
- You will work in a self-motivated team that enjoys being involved in the complete software lifecycle
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 5 years professional experience as a software engineer in the development of modern Spring applications
- You are experienced in stream based architectures and have a good understanding of architectural patterns for microservices
- You like to work in an agile and delivery focused team
- You have experience in working with at least 3 of our core-technologies: Java 11, Spring Boot, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, MongoDB
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes)
- You give and take open, constructive feedback.
- You have excellent communication skills in English or German, both written and verbal
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.