Senior Software Engineer (Java) - WhiteLabels (m|f|x)
WhiteLabels is a team that focuses on websites that reuse already published data on idealo websites and present it in our own, different way. We are operating in 6 European countries. Our site in France is one of the top 3 price comparisons in the country. Besides coding, our product has much more attractive things to focus on, like end-customer experience, google/bing integration.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo using modern technologies
- You plan, develop and deliver features in a clean and structured manner
- You are curious about the evaluation and integration of new technologies and approaches
- You will be working as part of a SCRUM-Team
Skills & Requirements
- You have strong knowledge in distributed application development using Java/Kotlin and the Spring framework
- You gained strong knowledge and experience in Web Application Development with HTML5, CSS3, and/or frameworks, like AngularJS, React or similar
- You possess a very good understanding of MVC pattern and experience with JSON, REST, APIs in general
- You have a passion for professional software development (design patterns, clean code, agile processes, continuous integration & delivery, and code inspection, as well as test automatization)
- You strive for a strong "sense of ownership" for your product also outside the technical domain
- You like to communicate and educate other team members with your knowledge
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 900 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.