Senior Software Engineer (Java / Springboot) (m|f|x)
The team: Product Page
After the price comparison, idealo doesn't only refer users to partner shops but also offers users the possibility to purchase offers from selected partner shops directly on idealo. This is called “Direktkauf”. As part of this journey, users are shown a product page, just as they would be in the shop, where they can discover the product and decide to enter the checkout. To guide users through these discovery and decision phases, the agile product page team builds and optimizes a set of modules across product categories and customer segments.
About your new role
- You actively design, develop, deploy, operate and improve the software of the shopping experience at idealo
- You embrace healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team
- You have a high degree of initiative and you approach problems proactively
- You will be working closely with our UX-Department and Product Owner to develop a modern face for the web applications
- You love agile methodologies like Scrum and eXtreme programming practices as much as we do
- You own the complete software lifecycle and drive innovation for technical excellence
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience as a software engineer in the development of backend services and modern web applications
- You have worked in an agile and delivering-focused team before
- You utilize modern technologies like Java 11, Spring Boot, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Jenkins, GraphQL, MongoDB
- You have a passion for professional software development (algorithms, design patterns, clean code, agile processes, data structures) You embrace software craftsmanship
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal. German is a plus
- Give and take open, constructive feedback. It is not always easy but that is the foundation of great teams.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.