Senior Java Software Engineer (m|f|x) – After Sales
As Product Area After Sales we are responsible for the part of the customer journey that deals with order processing, parcel tracking and customer communication. Our goal is the satisfaction of our customers and the security of their data. Within idealo, we act as a data integrator and enable our colleagues to work in a data-driven manner.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer (m|f|x). The position is advertised as full-time or part-time.
About your new role
- You are part of a cross-functional development team that is always looking for the best technical solutions.
- We work in an agile team, so you will accompany the entire development process from an idea to a product which hundreds and thousands of users use every day.
- You use modern technologies like Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Kafka.
- Together with the lead engineer, you are responsible for evaluating the availability, resilience and performance of our systems as well as designing them according to the requirements.
- You design and implement scalable and highly available systems as well as web applications, which you run on OpenShift or in AWS.
- You demand and promote technical excellence while keeping the needs of customers in mind.
- You work closely with product management to build the best possible product.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a proven track record with Java 8, Java 11, Spring Boot, Spring frameworks, Kafka, containers (Docker), Kubernetes, as well as common AWS services.
- You are not afraid to take end-to-end responsibility in your team and you can identify with the "you build it you run it" approach.
- You have experience in development, design, deployment and operation of highly available cloud-based applications (AWS/Openshift).
- You have an informed opinion, and you stand up for it – and you respect it when others do too.
- You are not afraid to give open and appreciative feedback in order to maintain or increase the quality of your team.
- You are not afraid to communicate with us in English.
- You have experience in working in an agile environment.
At idealo you can expect
- The possibility of further training for your individual career.
- The provision of the tools you need to perform at your best.
- The freedom to determine how your day should look like and a lot of personal responsibility.
- Onboarding program including welcome day, training and individual orientation.
- The chance to work together on our goals and to create something new again and again.
- You will work in our new home in the heart of Berlin and can look forward to light-flooded, modern rooms and a green roof terrace with a great view.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.