Senior Database System Developer - Persistence (m|f|x)
You are Cloud Native and want to build solutions on a cloud infrastructure? You’re in love with Kubernetes and fancy Coding? You are enthusiastic about building scalable, resilient and highly available products for data storage? Become part of idealos department Platform Operations and do modern Site Reliability Engineering with us!
The position as Database System Developer - Team Persistence (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You eagerly take part in an agile team environment and you will be managing the idealo persistence infrastructure and develop our cloud computing based on Infrastructure-as-Code.
- You will be supporting and consulting our customers and peers with their requests regarding database systems, software defined storage systems and other persistence solutions in the cloud and in Kubernetes
- You will develop and focus on automation of our infrastructure and the promoting of self-services
- You will be part of our on-call rotation according to our principle of “you build it- you run it”
Skills & Requirements
- You have at least 4+ years of working experience and 2+ years developing software with Python, Golang, Java or other programming languages.
- You have solid knowledge and working experience in one or several areas such as DB systems, data storage solutions or software defined storage systems like MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Ceph.
- You have working experience with container orchestration, Kubernetes and cloud computing such as Amazon AWS.
- You promote automation and have experience building administrative software and automation using programming languages and tools like for instance Puppet, Ansible or Terraform in Linux system environments.
- As a communicative, customer-oriented and self-organized person, you enjoy collaboration across different teams.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact email@example.com.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.