Senior Data Engineer (m|f|x) - Data Lake
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer that is passionate about building modern, scalable and well-engineered data infrastructure products to enable product teams at idealo to work autonomously with data. You will be part of a team responsible for developing, running, maintaining the idealo data lake end-to-end. You will contribute to ensuring that this product among other products is successful at idealo.
As the Data Management area at idealo, we are building a cutting-edge, cloud-based data platform suitable for self-service analytics as well as for machine learning, data products, and our enterprise reporting. We believe that a data-driven approach is a key success factor for our business. Therefore we aim to enable our technical and non-technical internal customers to base their everyday business decisions on hypotheses that are proved by data.
About your new role
- Be an active part in building a serverless data lake for idealo and services around it
- Take ownership for decisions on technical implementations and architecture together with your team
- Take end-to-end responsibility for products owned by the team
- Work together with internal customers to make them successful in the data lake
Skills & Requirements
- Proven expertise working as a data engineer, ideally involved in building a Data Lake
- You have experience with big data architecture on preferably AWS and different AWS data services
- You have a deep understanding of distributed data processing and related frameworks
- You have strong knowledge in SQL
- You have solid experience with software development in Python or Scala
- You are very well familiar with CI/CD, containers, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code and thrive in an Agile environment
- You are able to translate and communicate complex engineering problems to non-experts.
- Proficiency in English
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for constructive discussion and input
- Influence in creating and deciding individual tasks as well as direct contact with idealo partner
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break
- With countless opportunities for team building such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you'll be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, over 800 employees from 40 nations are working on the future of online shopping. We focussing on agile and self-reliant work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.