QA Software Engineer - idealo travel (m|f|x)
As our travel department is growing we want to expand the QA Team. We need efficient solutions to keep the high standards of our products. Joining us will give you the opportunity to work on versatile and interesting projects in an open minded international team.
The position as QA Software Engineer - idealo travel (m|f|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
- You will manage Test Cycles from the planning to the release.
- You have the chance to automate as much manual tasks as possible – work smarter not harder.
- Together with our travel development teams, you support, counsel & share your knowledge.
- You will help to set up a testing infrastructure for dev teams.
- You will support the team in approving pull requests & doing pair programming sessions.
- Together with your help, we will constantly improve the quality of our products.
Skills & Requirements
- You are experienced in writing automatic tests with Selenium or Appium.
- You have testing experience with Angular, React and/or Mirco-Services.
- You have initial experience with cloud deployments using Kubernetes.
- You have an eye for detail & the urge to deliver flawless results.
- You know how to write bug tickets in JIRA properly.
- You speak English very well, since we are an international team.You like working in a team and have the courage to share and the patience to listen.
- You like working in a team and have the courage to share and the patience to listen.
Your benefits at idealo
- No room for stagnancy! Whether tech talks, conferences or individual training, there are countless opportunities for
constructive discussion and input
- Plenty of time for digital detox! There are many creative and agile paths for you to take that can serve as a balance to daily work in front of a computer screen. In addition, you are never too far away from your colleagues should you wish to avoid long telephone calls and complicated emails.
- There is no room for monotony here! Together with more than 10 different departments within the Product and Technology umbrella, you will work on a variety of topics and ambitious goals.
- Various idealo benefits to satisfy every heart's desire, ranging from organic breakfasts in the morning to bikes that can be rented during the lunch break.
- With countless opportunities for team bonding such as team events and parties at Christmas and in summer, you will be able to strengthen team spirit as well as the professional development of your department.
Welcome to Berlin: our new headquarter with its outstanding modern architecture and light-flooded offices is located close to the former Berlin Wall in the center of what used to be the heart of Berlin's news and publishers economy.
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchasde decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.