Machine Learning Operations Engineer (f|m|x)
The Machine Learning Engineering team is part of the central Data Platform department at idealo. It has the mission to enable the rest of the company to build ML-based products. Our approach is a combination of internal consulting and development, along with building platform products that speed up the development of new ML workflows.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with a focus on Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), who complements the established team of machine learning engineers especially in building infrastructure that supports the entire ML lifecycle management. A successful candidate would be highly passionate about streamlining and automating processes that are required to develop, build, and operate ML workloads at scale and be aware of the additional complexities that MLOps brings compared to DevOps.
The position of Machine Learning Operations Engineer (f|m|x) is available as a full-time or part-time position.
About your new role
Identify and build ML platform products primarily on AWS
- Establish best practices around MLOps that foster fast iteration cycles and high-quality standards for ML solutions in production
- Work with data science teams across the company and help them build high quality, scalable ML solutions
- Be an active part of our ML community and proactively communicate with other team members and project stakeholders
Skills & Requirements
- You are experienced in building solutions on AWS through infrastructure as code (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation)
- You have worked with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Argo, or AWS CodePipeline
- Ideally you are experienced in ML production workflows and the associated technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Ideally, you are experienced in setting up and running ML platforms like MLflow or AWS SageMaker
- You can prove strong hands-on experience with programming in Python
- You understand the workflow of machine learning and how DevOps principles can be applied to scale machine learning solutions
- You have a solid understanding of good practices in software engineering, like pair programming, testing, clean code
You communicate clearly, transparently and you are fluent in English
At idealo you can expect
- Join one of Germany's best employers to work for and enjoy a family-friendly environment where you as an employee will be taken care of
- A people-first culture that promotes your development as a professional and person based on your strengths and personal goals
- We are a principle-based product & technology organization using OKRs for setting and measuring our goals. We work with agile methods giving a lot of responsibility and freedom to the individual teams
- Access to learning & development resources at idealo and the Axel Springer Group. Choose your preferred resources from the growing list of online courses on Udemy, extend your knowledge and professional network at conferences and meetups
- A diverse and engaged community of +300 highly skilled and experienced technologists from +40 nations at idealo and a growing network of technologists at the Axel Springer Group, all located in Europe's most modern office building in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive compensation package and various attractive benefits that are not only great for our employees but also promote a sustainable lifestyle incl. JobRad/Bike Leasing, free organic breakfast and lunch options in our canteen delivered from regional initiatives and vendors as well as delicious fair-trade coffee
idealo is a Berlin success story: in 2000 we started out with the mission of helping consumers make the best purchasing decisions. Right in the heart of Berlin, almost 1,000 employees from 40 nations are supporting our make the best purchase decision. We focussing on agile and autonomous work, sustainability, and a healthy relationship between work and private life. These values are firmly anchored in our corporate culture and an integral part of our corporate philosophy.
As part of our team, you can look forward to freedom, an international and inspiring working environment. Your ideas are particularly important to us. Not only our product portfolio is diverse, but also the people who work on it. We want you just as you are! Origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or a severely handicapped degree do not play a role.
Information for applicants with severe disabilities: As an applicant with a severe disability, you can get advice from our Severely Disabled Representation (SBV) during the application process.
idealo continues hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic
We do still hire great talent from around the world! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are checking almost every day with the authorities if and how we can relocate talent from EU and non-EU countries to work with idealo. Please bear in mind that we will take individual decisions in close consultation with the applicant and the authorities.